I was looking through some poems I wrote in high school and thought a couple of them seemed very applicable. I thought I would post them for you to read too. Maybe something in there will speak to you!
The Rollercoaster
Close your eyes and hold on tight,
Life's rollercoaster leaves tonight.
Up and down,
As life takes you around.
Sometimes you laugh, then you cry,
As another rollercoaster passes by.
Never slowing down life's pace,
you must finish this rollercoaster race.
Although you ride many tracks,
You must stay strong, endure the cracks.
Many people watch how you handle this ride,
To see if you keep Christ at your side,
Or did you leave Him at the top,
As you headed downhill without a stop.
When the rollercoaster was goin' up He was with you,
And when the rollercoaster coasted down,
Did you leave Him, you'll pick Him up when you come around?
Can't you see He wants to ride along,
When you're weak, He'll make you strong.
This rollercoaster will be a blast,
If your relationship with God will last.
Don't let life get you down,
When your rollercoaster's going up!
Good-bye Burden
The burden is lifted,
I carry no load,
Jesus has carried it,
Down the dusty road.
The whip came down,
The cross upon his back,
The crown of thorns cut,
It left no room for slack.
He suffered persecution,
Ultimate physical pain,
But for me, Jesus Christ,
Was very cruelly slain.
The dusty road of trial,
For me He wandered down,
Because He loved me,
He gratefully wore that crown.
Rejected by all,
He received no help,
No one wiped the blood,
From His dripping scalp.
They hammered into His wrists,
Iron bars for nails,
His breath falters,
And soon begins to fail.
The coldness that He felt,
Was from deep inside,
Because His father had,
Turned His face to hide.
The sins that I'd committed,
Were coursing through His blood,
He looked down to the ground,
Staring at the mud.
Because He loved me,
He dealt with all my pain,
So when I sin,
I'm cleansed again.
Although I'm white like snow,
I'm stained with crimson too,
He bled and died for me,
So I could make it through.
And I now gladly give,
My burden to the King,
He'll bear it willingly,
And so today I sing!
As I was re-writing these today I saw a lot of places where I could make the poem better. However, I wanted to remind myslef that the things God was telling me 15 years ago are the same things He is telling me today. He won't ever leave me or forsake me. I do not carry with me the spirit of abandonment that Satan has tried to lay on my mind. I have been bought by a price and am a child of the King. He carries my burdens so I don't have to!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment