Monday, February 16, 2009

Mighty to Save

Some days I wake up and just don't feel very emotionally sound. Today I woke up really feeling very unloved. I am having a hard time realizing that who I am in Jesus, and the way He loves me, is enough. Right now, for me, it's not. I really want to feel like Daniel loves me. You know how sometimes you get those hugs from people that just make you feel like you're worth so much? No matter what storm your in, that hug makes you feel safe. Daniel gives AMAZING hugs. When I'm in his arms I feel like I could take on the world. Dan gave me a great hug today...but still I don't feel loved. What I really need is for the arms of "daddy God" to reach down and give me a hug; one of those hugs that lets me know that NOTHING in the world can separate me from His love.

The theme for this past weekend, for me, has been that God is "mighty to save." A dear friend of mine wrote me an email after a prayer time she had for Dan during the Ohio weekend. She said the song she was given was "Mighty to Save." I had never heard the song so I looked it up on You Tube. I don't know the exact words but it talks about how God can move the mountains; He is mighty to save. He has moved some major mountains, but He is not finished with us yet. This song was sung in church on Saturday night, and again at my Sunday morning church (two different churches). I also was given a bookmark at church on Sunday from a woman who knows my situation and has been through a divorce. The bookmark has a verse from Zephaniah 3:17: "The Lord your God is with you. HE IS MIGHTY TO SAVE. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing."

My God is mighty to save. It's hard to believe that I could feel so unloved when it is clear that Jesus not only loves me, but He speaks to me too. Please pray for me today. Please pray that I can stand on the truth and walk away from the lies Satan tries to speak over me. I am loved. My family loves me, my friends love me, my Jesus loves me...and I know that even my Daniel loves me. He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment