Monday, July 20, 2015

Spring Freedom

I have been using a journal off and on for years, especially when I find myself in tough places. Sometimes what I journal does not have a profound impact until I look back at it later.  This is one of those situations.  I try not to read too much into what God's doing, but sometimes it's hard not to wonder what His grand design is in all of this.  First I'll tell you what I wrote in October, then I'll tell you where I am today.

October 11, 2014:
"Here lies a snapshot--a picture of the past.  Laid to rest on the pages of a white book, bleeding purple letters.

Looking forward--the photo intertwines with hope, beauty, and new beginnings--freedom!

Autumn leaves falling lead to winter, but winter brings spring--new life.

God carry me through the winter of the soul into the abounding spring, carrying life--teeming with life."

April 28, 2015:
It's too early in our relationship to know where it's going to go, but I find it very ironic that I met someone who I really like on the first day of spring-- New life.  Yesterday in church, Pastor R.J. made this comment that ties right into this poem and the new season I am experiencing.  "When God is moving in you--be sure to let Him take it.  God takes us from where we are to where he wants us to go, and that's FREEDOM."

I will leave you with one last thought.  It's been sitting on my fridge in the form of the fortune from a fortune cookie  since the end of last year.  It simply says this, "You can't steal second base and keep one foot on first."  Freedom is just around the bases and sometimes you need to leave a snapshot in the past so you can experience all the liberty that God is trying to move you into.

Proverbs 16:9  A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.








No comments:

Post a Comment